Thursday, July 21, 2011

Metallic Drapery - Metallic Coils and Metallic Sequins

Ask a contemporary architect about drapes, and you’ll get a sneer and an eye roll.  Long seen as stodgy and “old,” drapery gets a makeover with metallic coils and sequindrapery.  The worst part about drapes is that they can remind people of their Grandmother’s house!


I found these coiled curtains and have come up with so many different uses for them.  I’ve used them as quick dividers (mounted on a track with S-Hooks) for large rooms, Curtains to block light, Privacy for outdoor patios, and I’ve even used the smallest gauge loops for a shower curtain!. View our collection of Metallic Coils.

Sequins don’t always have to scream pizzazz.  Used as a full curtain, the drapes pool under the window like a shimmery reflecting pond.   I’ve found a couple of other great uses for these drapes.  In a retail store, I’ve covered whole walls, and used hooks to hang garments for sales or displays.  I think my most favorite way to use this drape is to cover buffet tables with it.   


 Stack books or boxes at different levels, then cover with a table cloth and drape with the sequins.  The levels display buffet items attractively, and the sequins attract attention and add just the right touch.View our collection of Metallic sequins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts